Tiffen a leading manufacturer and distributor of award-winning accessories for the still imaging, motion picture, and broadcast markets, has released the highly anticipated Tiffen Dfx 3.0. Tiffen Dfx 3.0 boasts enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand new filters for optical effects, updated host support, interface improvements, and plenty more.
Tiffen has made it possible for one Tiffen Dfx v3 photo plug-in license to run in Adobe® Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom®, and Apple Aperture® if installed on the same machine. Similarly, one Tiffen Dfx v3 video/film plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro 6/7, and Avid Editing Systems if installed on the same machine.
New Tiffen DFX v3 Image Editing Effects Suite Features and Capabilities
Version 3.0 ups the ante on creative control and visual effects possibilities with brand new additions to the already staggering amount of 2,000+ optical filters. Brand new features include:
- Color Shadow: Creates a high contrast image overlayed with a gradient, simulating the look and feel of those colorful iPod® commercials.
- DeBand: Removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail. Banding frequently occurs, in blue skies for instance, with DSLR’s as well as digital cameras. DeBand effectively smoothes out this unwanted banding.
- DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images which often cause square blocking artifacts.
- DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, is a common problem. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while still retaining detail.
- Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black & white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of either old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular brands from Kodak®, Fuji®, Agfa®, Polaroid®, and Ilford®.
- Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
- Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light. Changing the lighting after an image has been photographed gives the photographer/editor control to fix or enhance their images, as well as create interesting lighting effects.
- Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting through an interior window. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
- Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look. Adding texture to an image is a great way to create a unique and customized look.
- Match: Matches the color, detail, grain, and tone of one image and applies it to another.
Further feature enhancements include, the availability of the Tiffen Dfx custom user interface in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, 6/7 and Avid Editing Systems, the addition of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom as a supported host, the acceleration of EZ Mask on multiprocessor machines, and new brushes in the Paint filter such as Black/White, Repair, Mosaic, Blur, and Scatter.
Pricing and Availability
The Tiffen Dfx v3 Video/Film plug-in is available today for $599.95 USD. One Tiffen Dfx video/film plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro 6/7 and Avid Editing Systems if installed on the same machine.
The Tiffen Dfx v3 Photo plug-in is available now at an introductory price of $199.95 USD. One Tiffen Dfx photo plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture if installed on the same machine.
The Standalone version of Tiffen Dfx v3 is available today for $169.95 USD.
For more information jump to Tiffen Website here.